Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions...

Well, every year, if you are like me, you make a New Year's Resolution, and then proceed to break it almost immediately. Every year I say I am going to loose weight and exercise, and I never follow through. This year is different though. Not that I am going to start exercising, which I might do, but I am making a different resolution. I am going to make a resolution based on something I want to do, not something I need to do. So here it is....

This year I am going to combine two of my favorite things... taking pictures of great people and kids with autism (which are great people). I am going to take pictures of kids with autism doing things they love. I am going to start a website that has information about autism just for knowledge, and yes, I know there are already a lot of websites out there. Mine, I hope will be different. I am not going to focus on a cure or what you can do to change behavior. I am going to focus on the really cool things about autism. Yes, I will give the facts, as I know them, about what autism is and is not, but then I want the website to show all the AMAZING things that people with autism can do and like to do.

There will be no charge for taking the pictures (unless you want me to travel around the world, and then I will need help with the travel expense) and the parents can have a DVD of all the pictures. I don't want any money from it, I just want to have fun doing it and I want the kids and parents to enjoy having the pictures. If you feel the need to pay someone, make a donation to something or set up a trust fund for a someone, but don't pay me.

However, what I do need are the kids and parents who are willing to let me take the pictures. I want to post some of the pictures to the website once I get it up and running, but if they don't want their child posted, I will honor that request. I also need some ideas for the website name. My current thoughts are "The many faces of autism," but any ideas would be greatly appreciated. So, if you know any kids or have any ideas, post a comment or email me. Again, this is completely free of charge:)

Happy New Year and Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your opinion....